Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Candybar

Say hello to my new toy!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Weighing in at only 112 grams and at only 15mm thick, my new phone - a sweet and sleek Sony Ericsson M600i - was picked up from the MTN store yesterday.

This is not ordinary handset and it's definitely no iPod or EOS wannabe. Yes, so it doesn't have an on board camera or play 5000 songs but it does exactly what I want and need it to do. I'm actually glad it doesn't have a camera - I bought a 350D for a reason - and the phone would look too bulky and chunky with a camera anyway.

Essentially the M600i is a cellphone with PDA functionality to keep your life organised and in check. It has a nice 240x320 pixel touch screen with options of a "dual QWERTY" keypad, virtual keyboard or handwriting recognition.

It's slim and stylish with a cheeky blue glow. I miss the joystick in the middle already but it seems to have moved to the side as a jog dial instead - works well though.

It's got your expected SMS, MMS, email, media players and games as well as other neat things like RSS feeds, flight mode (I've always wanted that). I believe the UK and US versions have GPS and road maps - nice!

There's no wi-fi but I'm not sure you REALLY need it when you have 3G, USB, Infra red and Bluetooth. Wi-fi seems redundant with this phone AND I don't need to find a hot-spot to use it :)

I love it!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Christopher said...

Do you want DOOM RPG? It's sweeeeeet!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger coda said...

I wish my phoned glowed a cheeky blue too. :(

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous tripeak said...

*miserable smirk* that's unfair - everyone is getting NEW (very COOL) toys! Oh... and i can't believe WA didn't sway you to get a NOKIA :P

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Ian said...

I'm so behind on reading your blog! Damnit Ian... get with the program.

Love the phone though! I followed the herd down the K800i route. A year ago I convinced myself that I needed a PDA so I got one... and a year later still hadn't used it. Anyone want to buy a PDA? It's even got a built in SatNav!

Now go take some pictures so that I have something new to look at in Flickr! I'm bored!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Juan-Michael said...

I wish all of us could have toys, especially the ones withh 500bhp, and over 100 000 features, but the reality is we have work hard gentlemen, so lets get back to work and work for these royalties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home