Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I'm such a Rebel!

I bought my first digital camera just over eighteen months ago, an Olympus C-160 to be exact. Such a basic little thing but nevertheless, it did the job. I landed up giving it to my mom as she has been wanting a digital camera for so long but can't afford one at the current time in her life. In the interim I've been making use of Warren's Sony and ever since moving to Cape Town, my interest in photography has grown.

The desire and curiosity has always been there but my life has never posed the opportunity to persue those desires - which would often lead me to many days/months/years of frustration and often tears of not being able to express myself in a particular medium that I felt was 'me'. My way of expression involves money, atleast for the tools needed, and I would often selfishly ask myself why I wasn't born into a rich family.

I remember I wanted a camera in primary school already. They had photography classes and so badly wanted to go but I didn't have a camera and there was no way my folks were going to get me one either - or pay for my classes.

I've waited a long time to finally get something that I wanted - and a good one at that - and for the first time this weekend I had the satisfaction of purchasing one of those things I've always wanted - a brand spanking new Canon EOS 350D / Digital Rebel XT.

9 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger warrenski said...

And you have your boyfriend to thank for "looking out for you" and spotting the camera at a reduced long-weekend special price! :)

Here's hoping that your new toy sparks a positive direction for you and whole new world of joy.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger escape2reality said...

Hi Ca,
That is awesome! Congratulations, and a lovely camera at that!
May it make you very happy and lots of stunning snaps :)

Charlene

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Christopher said...

Nice one...I'm actually about to upgrade my 300D to a 350D myself. I've also been looking at the Sigma telephoto lenses :) After this past weekend's Gumball 3000 I have a renewed desire to just get out there and go snap happy.

The Canon will give you ages of unending service :) Great choice (cos it's the one I would've made hehe)

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous shannyn said...

Hey cans,

Very happy for you my friend. Its true that those who wait good comes to them. Cant wait to see you fantasic shots.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Candice said...

Thanks dudes!

Hopefully you'll see some nice new snaps up on Flickr soon!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Ian said...

Lovely cam Candice. DON'T TAKE IT ON DRUNKEN NIGHTS OUT!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger tripeak said...

Congrats on yr new purchase! Hope to c some flickr shots soon. :P

Well spotted WA!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger BLOG REVIEWS said...

*****

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger phoenix said...

hey long thats cool now you can get all snap-happy he he was good to see you at shazs 21st hope to see ya soon again

claire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home